The Roll Model®️Method
The Roll Model® Method Training is a 16 hour training course which combines the two live Roll Model Method Trainings, The Science of Rolling & Ball Sequencing & Innovation, into one complete immersive experience. This combined training series will empower you to personally adopt and teach simple yet highly effective self-care regimens for pain-relief and improved performance.
Using therapy balls and cutting edge self myofascial release techniques, this style helps you to eradicate pain, improve posture, enhance performance and live better in your body!
Helen Keenan (YTT 200, Yoga Tune Up®️teacher, Roll Model®️Practitioner and Teacher Trainer, MA Dance Performance and Choreography). Helen was the first Yoga Tune Up® teacher in the UK, and is one of only three Roll Model® Method teacher trainers across Europe. Her teaching career began rooted in vinyasa yoga, inspired and influenced by her background in dance and recreational athletic sporting. Helen specializes in injury prevention and rehabilitation, and safe practice for dancers and athletes. Helen provides teacher trainings, workshops, private sessions in the UK and Ireland, with retreats also taking place in selected countries across Europe.
WHAT WILL I LEARN
Module One: The Science of Rolling
Amplify your personal embodiment and learn applicable fascia science, bony landmarks, myofascial junctions, and pain physiology.
Master specialized ball rolling techniques that penetrate into common high-tension areas.
You will learn 6 head-to-toe series proven to affect profound change in the rotator cuff, upper back, neck, jaw, hips, lower back, IT Band, calves, and feet.
Module Two: Ball Sequencing & Innovation
Provide a wide variety of soft-tissue self-care solutions for every client and condition while utilizing the four different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls. Learn to effortlessly craft innovative moves and sequences to differentiate your teaching for any individual or community.
Highlights of this training include:
• Deepen your understanding of pain physiology and learn the optimal use of 4 different sized Roll Model® Balls (included with the training) to unravel patterns of pain and dysfunction.
• Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
• Explore pain-erasing self-myofascial release in over-used areas of your body like your hands and knees, or completely ignored areas like the diaphragm and pelvic floor.
• Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain
• Learn tools for consistently creating innovative Therapy Ball sequences for yourself and your clients
• Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
Tuition includes all Roll Model® Therapy Balls (1 pair each of original Yoga Tune Up® Balls, Therapy Ball Plus, 1 ALPHA, and 1 Coregeous® Ball) and access to the Massage Therapy Instructional Online Video
LOCATION & ACCOMMODATION
The Yoga Practice, 33 Carmunnock Rd, Glasgow G44 4TZ
Meals and accommodation are not included
8-9th February (2 days)